An Escape Room Like No Other!
You and your guests have run afoul of perhaps the toughest Bo’sun in His Majesty’s Royal Navy, Bo’sun Starkweather! Oh, he is a “Jack Nasty Face”, no doubt about it, and has a sense of humour as dark as the night sky. Which is why he has concocted a series of puzzles and challenges designed to frustrate, confuse and mislead you. Beat him at his game and you gain your freedom! Fail, and the black-souled Bo’sun may leave you in this dank, dark place for good! Look lively now! The clock is ticking. You and your mates are running out of time!
Dates & Times:
Saturday Evenings July 1 – September 2
- Times TBA
- Advance ticket purchase is required
- Ticket purchase info coming soon!
Escape Room Experience Tickets:
- Tickets are $24.00 per person
- If booking in conjunction with another event, a special rate may be available.
- Cash, credit & debit accepted
- Season passes not valid for the Escape Room
- Passes & coupons are not accepted for the Escape Room
Good to Know:
- This experience is suitable for those 12 years and older
- Parent/Guardian supervision is required while in the Escape Room
- You will need at least 4 players 16 years or older to successfully complete the challenges
- Teams will have up to 1 hour to escape from the Brig, using clues and solving puzzles
- As part of your experience, your team will be accompanied by the “Jail Guard”. They will offer you hints if you ask.
- Please arrive 15-20 minutes before the start of your experience to allow for parking and admission
Plan your Visit
While we love our furry friends, we are not able to accommodate pets at this special event (service dogs are welcomed of course). Thank you for your understanding.
- Taking photos is encouraged
- Smoking or vaping (including marijuana) is not permitted on Discovery Harbour property
- Please note this event takes place indoors AND outdoors and, visitors should plan to dress accordingly for weather and terrain
How to Get Here
Please park in the parking lot provided and make your way on foot through the black entrance gates to the boardwalk area and The Charthouse (Admissions building).
Need more info?
Please contact us at email@example.com or (705) 549-8064 if you have any questions.
About Discovery Harbour
Discovery Harbour traces its roots back to the original British naval and military base in Penetanguishene, built to safeguard access to Upper Canada after the War of 1812.
“His Majesty’s Naval Establishment on Lake Huron”, (as it was first called) kept ships prepared to supply British posts to the northwest. By 1820, it was home to over 70 people, including sailors, officers, shipwrights, and soldiers. Five large ships, 15 smaller vessels, and numerous workshops and dwellings were built.
In 1828, a British garrison on Drummond Island was relocated to Penetanguishene. By 1834, Canada was defended exclusively by these forces. An impressive stone Officers’ Quarters was built in 1845. The military occupied the site until 1856.
Discovery Harbour is operated by Huronia Historical Parks, and is an Attraction of the Ministry of Heritage, Sport, Tourism and Culture Industries.