Adventures in Time
The years following the War of 1812 saw an uneasy peace between British Canada and the United States. In this dynamic tour of Penetanguishene’s Naval and Military base, campers learn first-hand the challenges faced by those working and living at an isolated outpost.
This program is available July- August 10 AM- 4:30 PM for groups of 15 youths or more, and recommended for ages 6 to 12. Choose between a half-day or full-day program.
Half-day rate (2.5 hours): $6.00 per person (+ HST)
- Walking Tour of the Historic Site
- Visit the original 1836 Officer’s Quarters
- See the original hull of the H.M.S. Tecumseth
- Hands-on make-your-own quill pen
- Campers will sign their own muster card and a class muster sheet
Full-Day rate (5 hours): $12.00 per person (+HST)
Everything in the Half-Day Program PLUS:
- Soldier’s Drill: Explore a soldiers’ camp and learn the basic maneuvers of Musket Drill
- Sailors’ Ropework: learns core sailor skills and make your own Rope Belt
- Historic Games: learn about and play various early 19th century games and pastimes
Chaperones/Supervisors: Free admission at a ratio of 1 per 5 youths
Our Programs run RAIN or SHINE